Android Developer (OnSite)
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for experienced Android developers to join one our existing development teams.
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for Android developers to join one of our projects in the metro Detroit area. Successful applicants will be working at a client location. As a member of our OnSite team, you’ll work at a client site embedded on the clients’ team and play an important role in the development of products and software used by the masses.
We have a variety of client teams we work with ranging from startups to fortune 500 companies so there are always new and exciting projects going on. As a member of our OnSite team, you're part of Detroit Labs family. You’ll have access to ongoing career development, mentorship, and be a part of a great group of people. We prioritize your career growth by providing consistent check-ins, learning activities, and support through out your time to ensure you are always learning, and working on something you are passionate about.
This is a full-time salaried role for ongoing long term projects that includes full medical and dental benefits, 401K matching, PTO, monthly team outings and more. Some roles may also offer remote options as well.
- Work with other engineers, developers, architects, QA, system engineers and project managers in solving new and existing technical challenges
- Understand requirements, implement solutions, provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Deliver accurate estimates, provide regular feedback and consistently meet project deadlines
- Contribute positively to a team through effective communication
- 2+ years of industry experience building native Android mobile applications with Java and Kotlin (Must have industry experience to be considered)
- Experience with core Android Jetpack architecture components (Room, LiveData, ViewModel, Lifecycles)
- Experience consuming data APIs (Level 26+ preferred)
- Integration to REST and SOAP web services
- Experience with Android unit and UI tests
- Ability to learn on the fly and share knowledge with teammates
- Monthly developmental check-ins
- Quarterly outings and events
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401k matching
- Ongoing mentorship
- Paid vacation
- Continued learning and options for mentorship
- Volunteer opportunities