The Business Developer is responsible for selling Detroit Labs projects and services for our Services business unit. The Business Developer takes point on all aspects of growing the Services business, including:
- Outbound and inbound business development for new Services clients
- Regular check-ins with active sold project teams
- Regular and ongoing check-ins and sales growth activities with Services clients
- Overall Services business unit strategy development and execution
- Develop strategy and implement execution plans around Detroit Labs selling activities.
- Lead sales efforts to find and develop new clients for Detroit Labs.
- Active relationship management with existing and potential client contacts
- Coordination and execution of sales to delivery transition activities for sold projects.
- Ability to quickly learn how to speak intelligently about software development and software methodologies, with a bonus for mobile application experience.
- A hustler’s attitude. Willingness to do the sometimes monotonous blocking and tackling in order to get the job done.
- Ability to see the forest for the trees -- able to assess overall goals, strategy and progress even while responsible for operational and day-to-day activities.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to empathize and develop rapport with a wide range of - personalities and backgrounds.
- Able to support and thrive in a high-transparency environment.
- Experience with sales and client management as a part of your career.