OnSite iOS Developer
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for experienced iOS Developers to join one of our projects in downtown Detroit. This role is with our OnSite business unit; successful applicants will be working at the client location in Detroit.
We have a variety of client teams we work with ranging from startups to fortune 500 companies so there are always new and exciting projects going on. As a member of our OnSite team, you’ll work at a client site within our clients’ teams and play an important role in the development of software used by the masses. And since you’re part of the Detroit Labs family, you’ll have access to ongoing career development, mentorship, and be a part of a great group of people. We prioritize your career growth by providing consistent check-ins, learning activities, and support through out your time to ensure you are always learning, and working on something you are passionate about.
This team member will work on a project-by-project basis with other engineers, web developers, business and marketing team members to create an intuitive experience for mobile users. This includes creating, extending and improving native mobile applications for iOS, and potentially other mobile platforms, leveraging an internal web service framework, building solutions and maintaining existing applications in a high-energy environment.
This is a full-time salaried role with full medical and dental benefits, 401K matching, monthly team outings and more.
- Work with other engineers, developers, architects, QA, system engineers and project managers in solving new and existing technical challenges
- Understand requirements, implement solutions, provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Deliver accurate estimates, provide regular feedback and consistently meet project deadlines
- Contribute positively to a team through effective communication
- Got an app for that? Applied experience developing iOS apps using Objective-C and/or Swift
(2+ years of industry experience required).
- Solid understanding of Cocoa/UIKit frameworks, Xcode/Interface Builder and the iOS SDK required. Having applications posted in the App Store is a huge plus.
- Experience using version control repositories such as Git or TFS.
- Collaborative development experience
- Experience with TDD and unit testing
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills regardless of audience
- Monthly outings and events
- Full medical, dental, etc.
- 401k matching
- Ongoing mentorship
- Continued learning
- Volunteer opportunities