OnSite Android Developer
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for experienced native Android developers to join our existing app development teams.
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for Android developers to join one of our projects in downtown Detroit. Successful applicants will be working at a client location in Detroit. As a member of our OnSite team, you’ll work at a client site within our clients’ teams and play an important role in the development of software used by the masses.
We have a variety of client teams we work with ranging from startups to fortune 500 companies so there are always new and exciting projects going on. As a member of our OnSite team, you're part of Detroit Labs family. You’ll have access to ongoing career development, mentorship, and be a part of a great group of people. We prioritize your career growth by providing consistent check-ins, learning activities, and support through out your time to ensure you are always learning, and working on something you are passionate about.
This is a full-time salaried role with full medical and dental benefits, 401K matching, monthly team outings and more.
- Work with other engineers, developers, architects, QA, system engineers and project managers in solving new and existing technical challenges
- Understand requirements, implement solutions, provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Deliver accurate estimates, provide regular feedback and consistently meet project deadlines
- Contribute positively to a team through effective communication
- 2+ years of industry experience building native Android mobile applications
- Experience with Google mobile application deployment and launch processes
- Team-based source code management, with Git or a similar tool
- Writing unit and other software-based tests
- Experience building software with more than one development methodology
- Experience consuming data APIs.
- Ability to learn on the fly and share knowledge with teammates
- Monthly outings and events
- Full medical, dental, etc.
- 401k matching
- Ongoing mentorship
- Continued learning
- Volunteer opportunities