OnSite React Native Developer
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for experienced React developers to join one of our existing app development teams in downtown Detroit. Successful applicants will be working at a client location in Detroit. As a member of our OnSite team, you’ll work at a client site within our clients’ teams and play an important role in the development of software used by the masses.
We have a variety of client teams we work with ranging from startups to fortune 500 companies so there are always new and exciting projects going on. As a member of our OnSite team, you're part of Detroit Labs family. You’ll have access to ongoing career development, mentorship, and be a part of a great group of people. We prioritize your career growth by providing consistent check-ins, learning activities, and support through out your time to ensure you are always learning, and working on something you are passionate about.
You will be involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP). In this highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment, you will…
• Build industry leading mobile apps for connected vehicles on a global scale
• Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
• Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
• Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
• Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
• Test-drive code (Test Driven Development)
• Pair program with different people in many situations
• Report status of assigned software development tasks
• Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
• Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
• Promote improvements in programming practices such as functional/acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
• Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
• Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
• Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations
• Prospective candidates possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
• BS in Computer Science or other related field of study
• 3 - 10 years of experience as a software developer on production project
• Minimum 1 year of experience writing code for React Native apps
• Minimum 1 year of experience writing code for native Android
• Experience in mobile application development on Google Play Store
• Experience in an Agile environment
Preferred experience and skills:
• Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment; financial industry experience strongly preferred
• Experience in app design and development for iOS using Objective-C and Android using Java is a plus
• Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
• Experience in Xcode , Fabric, Jenkins for continuous integration; experience with Redux, Github, and Chrome debugger
• Experience with the publishing process for both Apple and Google app stores
• Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
• Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development
• Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent of work related experience
- Full medical, dental, etc.
- 401k matching
- Ongoing mentorship
- Continued learning
- Monthly outings and events
- Volunteer opportunities